Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Poem

I wrote this poem a few weeks ago. I was feeling a bit down and honestly a little envious of somebody I know who just got engaged. (Seriously, I'd love for my boyfriend to pop the question already!) 
 
Writing is such a great way to really get your feelings out there in front of you so you can understand what's going on in your heart at that point in time. Sometimes it even helps you realize that there are some things you need to change your attitude and thinking about, like this poem did for me. I'm calling it Beloved Faire: A Poem of Longing and Desire. I hope you enjoy it!
 
My heart is broken,
Ripped in two,
It bleeds with every thought of you.
My great immortal,
My midnight prayer,
Yet you left me alone and bare.
Return to me, beloved faire, and kiss my tears away.
For I'm in need of your sweet touch to keep y darkest fears at bay.
How long must you make me wait and sit at idle's step?
I need you here beside me now so my heart may finally rest.
Your love is vast and wondrous, a mystery too great to know,
But my days I would gladly spend with that mystery to behold.
Do not fear what the seasons may bring, for I'll be forever at your side.
Forever I'll be my beloved's, and forever he'll be mine.
Come to me, beloved faire, and place your hand in mine.
Life is a journey that's only lived right with our souls intertwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment